When cake moved from 1.2 to 1.3, there were a few changes. While the manual is up-to-date, the default manual that’s shown tends to be 1.2 and there is a section in the 1.2 manual that talks about the migration. I got stuck with one of the gotchas today. I spent 1 hour trying to find out why the title I set in $pageTitle would not print with
$title_for_layout until Phally pointed it out on IRC for me. To set the title from the controller, I’m supposed to this
Doh! Anyway, now I’ve changed my bookmark to the 1.3 manual instead of 1.2
For a full list of changes, take a look at the transition guide.